Pre-Operative Instructions for Sedation Patients
- Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Please do not eat or drink anything eight (8) hours prior to surgery, including water.
Specific instructions for children should be obtained from an oral surgeon in the Austin area.
- If you take medications in the morning on a regular basis, please take these medications with a small sip of water, unless you have been instructed otherwise.
- You will need a responsible adult to accompany you to the appointment, drive you home after the procedure, and care for you at home.
- We recommend stocking up on cold, soft items for the day of surgery such as pudding, ice cream, yogurt, applesauce, and Jell-O. You may also want to stock up on warm, soft items for the day after surgery such as soups, pasta, potatoes, and oatmeal.
- Remove any fingernail polish before your orthognathic surgery in Texas.
- Do not wear contact lenses to your appointment, unless they are extended wear.
- Wear two-piece, comfortable clothing to your appointment. Please do not wear dresses, overalls, or one-piece outfits.
For patients requiring driving escorts:
Your surgical procedure will not be performed if your escort/driver is not present at the time of check-in. It is our office policy to require the escort of the patient to remain on the premises during the patient’s entire stay in our office.